Thursday, February 4, 2010

Meatballs and Spaghetti :D Yum!

Meatballs and Spaghetti has to be one of my favourite meals, well and curry pretty much anything, and when ever greg comes home from being away for a long time for work I usually make him something home cooked and yummy, this time I made one of my favourites, Spaghetti and Meatballs. The meatball recipe comes from my dad he got it from The Bon Appetit Cookbook

Meatballs


Ingredients:
2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 tbsp milk
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 tbsp fresh basil
1 large egg
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 pound sweet Italian sausage (I used hot)
2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
2 tbsp dried currents

Directions:
Preheat over to 350, lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet (I just used parchment paper). Mix breadcrumbs and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 min. Mix in parmesan cheese, onion, basil, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add sausage, pine nuts, and currents; blend well ( I had to mix with my hands..messy) Using wet hands, form mixture into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake until meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Add meatballs to sauce.

My sauce consists of one med to large onion finely chopped, as much garlic as I can... 5 cloves maybe ... this time I added most of a green pepper, all added to a pot with a little E.V.O.O. until they were soft and yummy. Then I added two cans of spicy red pepper sauce (hunts I think), and a can of condensed mushroom soup and the spices I like until it smelled and tasted yummy :)

I also made some shortbreads for him because he has been asking for them since before christmas but I was so busy that I never got to make them with all the other cookies I made. These were not melt in your mouth like but they taste good.



Andd my dad made this awesome supper on Monday and I will make it sometime soon, here is a picture of my leftovers I had for supper the next day. Yummy spicyness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?